Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer Days


Today Peanut & I ducked out of the house for a few hours and acted like tourists in our city's lovely downtown. It was an unseasonably cool day so we started off with a trip to our favorite chocolate cafe for a steaming cup of hot chocolate.


With his drink in hand, Peanut requested we stroll the river. We each tried our hand at casting wishes in the fountain before checking out the paddle boats, bell tower and ducks.









We rounded out our date with a stop at the candy shop and strolled hand in hand all the way back to the  roof of the parking garage…perhaps the greatest thrill of his day.



As the last few days of summer vacation whittle away, and this sweet boy crosses into the realm of boyhood forever leaving babyhood, I am so very thankful for these few hours of alone time with him. As I type, I'm thinking we just might make this a back to school tradition…fingers crossed he'll want to stroll with is mommy downtown for years to come!

 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet outing. That candy shop reminds me of the penny candy store my grandparents always took us to in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day for you and your little guy! You'll always remember these special days - looks like you're having a great Summer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.